We at Ethosia Ltd.
", or "our
") recognize and respect the importance of maintaining your privacy. Our registered office is 72 Pinchas Rosen Street, Tel Aviv, and our registration number is 513093617This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect from you when you use our Platform and/or Services (both as defined in the Terms of Service, available at https://ethosia.co.il/terms-of-use/
")). This Privacy Notice also explains how we process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information. If not otherwise defined herein, capitalized terms have the meaning given to them in the Terms.
" means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law. This Privacy Notice details which Personal Data is collected by us in connection with provision of the Services.
Table of Contents
You can click on the headers in this section in order to find out more information about any topic.
- Personal Data We Collect, Uses and Legal Basis.
- Additional Uses.
- Sharing Settings on the Platform.
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect.
- International Transfer.
- Your Rights.
- Data Retention.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies.
- Third-Party Applications and Services.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice.
- Comments and Questions.
- Personal Data We Collect, Uses and Legal Basis. Depending on your
usage, we collect different types of data and we and any of our third-party sub-contractors and service providers use the data we collect for different purposes, as specified below. It is your voluntary decision whether to provide us with certain Personal Data, but if you refuse to provide such Personal Data we may not be able to register you to the Platform and/or provide you with the Services or part thereof.
How we use this data
- Registration Data – In order to use our Platform and/or receive related Services, you will be required to register and provide us with the following Personal Data: your full name, email address, password, and certain details related to your profession. If you use the Services by logging in through a third-party login/account registration service (such as Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn, or any other account), we also receive Personal Data about you as provided by such third-party service, such as your personal and professional data that is available on your profile. If you are using the Services as an Authorized User on behalf of a Company, certain registration information may be provided by an Administrator of the Company's account.
: (1) To provide you with the Platform and/or Services and to respond to your inquiries and requests and to contact and communicate with you; and (2) to prevent fraud, protect the security of and address any problems with the Platform, and (3) to provide you with informational newsletters and promotional materials relating to our Platform and Services, including via email. For more information about our direct marketing activities and how you can control your preferences, please see the Direct Marketing section below.
How we use this data
- Profile Information and Materials You Upload. In addition to required registration information, you may choose to provide additional information, such as your CV, your educational or professional history, or materials such as documents, certificates, transcripts, presentations, job references, images and/or pictures. You may also choose to add sensitive information to your profile (such as race, ethnicity, political opinions, or trade union membership) and you do so entirely at your own discretion. Adding information to your profile may help you get more out of the Services, however, please exercise caution when doing so, as this information may be shared publicly. Please ensure that your visibility settings within your account are configured in accordance with your preferences.
: To provide you with the Platform and/or Services.
How we use this data
- Contact Information – When you request information from us, sign up for our newsletter or contact us for any other reason, we will collect any data you provide, such as your full name, phone number, email address, position, and/or your LinkedIn URL, the content of your inquiry and any document you may wish to upload to the message.
: To respond to your request or inquiry, to provide you with newsletters and for retargeting purposes.
How we use this data:
- Automatically Collected Data – When you visit the Platform, we automatically collect information about your computer or mobile device, including non-Personal Data such as your operating system, device type, and browser type, and Personal Data such as IP address, device ID, language preferences, information about your viewing and browsing history, the site that referred you and sites that you may visit after leaving our Platform. For more information about the cookies and similar technologies we use and how to adjust your preferences, please see the section "Cookies and Similar Technologies" below.
(1) To review usage and operations, including in an aggregated non-specific analytical manner, develop new products or services and improve current content, products, and Services; (2) To prevent fraud, protect the security of our Platform and Services, and address any problems with the Platform and/or Services.
How we use this data.
- Geo-location – Subject to your consent, when you use the Platform, we collect your (geo)location.
We use this information in order to provide you with the location-based Services through the Platform.
- Additional Uses
- Statistical Information and Analytics. We and/or our service providers use analytics tools, including "Google Analytics" to collect and analyze information about the use of the Platform and/or Services, such as how often users visit the Platform, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites and mobile applications they used prior to visiting the Platform. By analyzing the information we receive, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users, which helps us improve our Platform and Services, understand trends and customer needs and consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. You can find more information about how Google collects information and how you can control such use at https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
- Direct Marketing. As described above, we may use Personal Data to let you know about our products and Services that we believe will be of interest to you. We may contact you by email, post, or telephone or through other communication channels. In all cases, we will respect your preferences for how you would like us to manage marketing activity with respect to you. To protect privacy rights and to ensure you have control over how we manage marketing with you:
- We will take steps to limit direct marketing to a reasonable and proportionate level and only send you communications which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you.
- At any time you can update or correct your personal profile within your account, or change your preferences for the way in which you would like us to communicate with you, including how you receive details of latest offers or newsletters from us.
- You can ask us to stop sending email marketing by following the "unsubscribe" link you will find on all the email marketing messages we send you. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can change the way your browser manages cookies, which may be used to deliver online advertising, by following the settings on your browser as explained below. If our marketing activities are based upon your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms as well as your preferences within your account with us.
- Sharing Settings on the Platform. The Platform allows users to connect with one another. You can configure your settings to decide what information you would like to have shared. Please make sure that your sharing / visibility settings within your account are configured according to your preferences so that your information is only shared with the people with whom you would like it shared.
- Sharing the Personal Data We Collect. We share your information, including Personal Data, as follows:
- Service Providers and Subcontractors. We disclose information, including Personal Data we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers and subcontractors, who use such information: (1) help us provide you with the Platform and/or Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our Platform and/or Services; (3) for the purpose of direct marketing (see above for more details).
Such service providers and subcontractors provide us with IT and system administration services, data backup, security, and storage services, data analysis and assist us with our marketing activities.
- BrightSource. In addition, we may share your Personal Data with our service provider, BrightSource Data Analytics Ltd., and permit it to use the Personal Data for its own purposes at its discretion. You hereby consent to the sharing of such information.
- Business Transfers. Your Personal Data may be disclosed as part of or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition (including in cases of liquidation) in such case, your Personal Data shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
- Law Enforcement Related Disclosure. We may share your Personal Data with third parties (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our or a third party's rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the Terms and this Privacy Notice); (ii) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues, agencies and/or authorities; or (iii) as necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation.
- Legal Uses. We may use your Personal Data as required or permitted by any applicable law, for example, to comply with audit and other legal requirements.
- Other Uses or Transfer of Your Personal Data. If you use our Platform and/or Services with or through a third-party service, site and/or mobile application, we may receive information (including Personal Data) about you from those third Please note that when you use third-party services outside of our Platform and/or Services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern your use of those services.
- International Transfer. By accepting this Privacy Notice, you acknowledge and agree that we may use subcontractors and service providers who are located in countries other than your own and may send them information we receive (including Personal Data).
- Security. We make efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to and collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect user IDs and passwords, please take appropriate measures to protect this information.
- Your Rights. Subject to applicable law, you may request to see any Personal Data you have provided to us and request that such Personal Data be corrected or updated by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Data Retention.
- Subject to applicable law, we retain Personal Data as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems without notice to you once we deem it is no longer necessary for these purposes. If you have shared your Personal Data with others on the Platform, they may retain such Personal Data at their own discretion, including in their Ethosia accounts. Retention by any of our processors may vary in accordance with the processor's retention policy.
- In some circumstances, we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, audit, accounting requirements and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
- What are Cookies? A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to a user's browser or device. The browser provides this piece of text to the device of the originating user when this user returns.
- A "session cookie" is temporary and will remain on your device until you leave the Platform.
- A "persistent" cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. It will remain on your device until you delete it.
- First-party cookies are placed by us, while third-party cookies may be placed by a third party. We use both first- and third-party cookies.
- We may use the terms "cookies" to refer to all technologies that we may use to store data in your browser or device or that collect information or help us identify you in the manner described above, such as web beacons or "pixel tags".
|Type of Cookie
||Why We Use These Cookies
||These cookies are necessary in order to allow the Platform to work correctly. They enable you to access the Platform, move around, and access different services, features, and tools. Examples include remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session. These cookies cannot be disabled.
||These cookies remember your settings and preferences and the choices you make (such as language or regional preferences) in order to help us personalize your experience and offer you enhanced functionality and content.
||These cookies can help us identify and prevent security risks. They may be used to store your session information to prevent others from changing your password without your login information.
||These cookies can help us collect information to help us understand how you use our Platform, for example whether you have viewed messages or specific pages and how long you spent on each page. This helps us improve the performance of our Platform.
||These cookies are placed in order to deliver content, including ads relevant and meaningful to you and your interests. They may also be used to deliver targeted advertising or to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. This can help us track how efficient advertising campaigns are. Such cookies may track your browsing habits and activity when visiting our Platform and those of third-parties.
- How to Adjust Your Preferences. Most Web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but you can change this setting so your browser either refuses all cookies or informs you when a cookie is being sent. In addition, you are free to delete any existing cookies at any time. Please note that some features of the Services may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed. For example, if you delete cookies that store your account information or preferences, you will be required to input these each time you visit.
By changing your device settings, you can prevent your device's ad identifier being used for interest-based advertising, or you can reset your device's ad identifier. Typically, you can find the ad identifier settings under "privacy" or "ads" in your device's settings, although settings may vary from device to device. Adjusting your preferences as described in this section herein does not mean you will no longer receive advertisements, it only means the advertisements that you do see will be less relevant to your interests.
- Third-Party Applications and Services. All use of third-party applications or services is at your own risk and subject to such third party's terms and privacy policies.
- Communications. We reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages via email, SMS, WhatsApp, or using a bot, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications, you may cancel your account.
- Children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of sixteen (16). In the event that you become aware that an individual under the age of sixteen (16) has enrolled without parental permission, please advise us immediately.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep it up to date with legal requirements and the way we operate our business, and we will place any updates on this webpage. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will seek to inform you by notice on our Platform or per email.
Last updated: November 2022
- Comments and Questions. If you have any comments or questions about this Privacy Notice or if you wish to exercise any of your legal rights as set out herein, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.